- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter, garlic powder, oregano and pepper over medium heat. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; add to skillet. Toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops
"I will be adding another bag of scallops to make it more meaty next time. It was really good, everyone had seconds. It was nice and quick too. I put like a cup or more of pesto in mine."
"This recipe was very quick and easy---also really delicious. After taking a couple of bites, I decided to add more pesto and a dash of salt. The extra pesto really jazzed it up. Will make again."