- 8 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter, garlic powder, oregano and pepper over medium heat. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; add to skillet. Toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto Vermicelli with Scallops
Sort By :
"I will be adding another bag of scallops to make it more meaty next time. It was really good, everyone had seconds. It was nice and quick too. I put like a cup or more of pesto in mine."
"This recipe was very quick and easy---also really delicious. After taking a couple of bites, I decided to add more pesto and a dash of salt. The extra pesto really jazzed it up. Will make again."