Pesto Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, peppers and onion until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in pesto.
- 2. Place crust on a 12-in. pizza pan; spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with Romano cheese; top with vegetable mixture and olives. Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 8-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and mozzarella is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice equals 220 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.