A thoughtful granddaughter gave me the recipe for this wonderful pizza. It's delicious down to its whole wheat crust. One bite and I'm in veggie heaven! —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, peppers and onion until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in pesto.
- Place crust on a 12-in. pizza pan; spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with Romano cheese; top with vegetable mixture and olives. Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella.
- Bake at 450° for 8-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and mozzarella is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Pesto Veggie Pizza in Country Woman February/March 2009, p25
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pesto Veggie Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review