- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, peppers and onion until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in pesto.
- Place crust on a 12-in. pizza pan; spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with Romano cheese; top with vegetable mixture and olives. Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella.
- Bake at 450° for 8-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and mozzarella is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pesto Veggie Pizza
Sort By :
"Nice for a change of pace, and to enjoy a ton of veggies!"
"This was great. I made my own thin whole wheat pizza and ended up making 2, two days apart. I used spinach, uncooked and chopped, on the second one. That was good too, maybe better than the broccoli. It is a great way to get your veggies."
"I left out the mushrooms because my husband doesn't care for them and the olives because I didn't have any on hand. It was still loaded with vegetables. I used my own pizza dough made in my bread maker. I loved it. My family said they didn't mind it, but didn't care for it as much as I did. But then, I'm the vegetarian in our household."
"easy and amazing flavor"