Pesto Vegetable Pizza Recipe
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3/4 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Rub cut side of garlic cloves over crust; discard garlic. Spread crust with pesto. Top with the spinach, mushrooms, yellow pepper, tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with cheeses and oregano.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 slice) equals 298 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.