Use pesto made straight from your garden or purchase it prepared from the grocery store to fill these easy appetizers. —Jaye Beeler, Grand Rapids, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll each
- sheet into a 12-in. square. Spread pesto onto one pastry sheet to
- within 1/4 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining
- pastry, pressing lightly. Cut into twelve 1-in.-wide strips. Twist
- each strip four times. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets, pressing down ends.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 265 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.