Pesto-Turkey Layered Loaf Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut the top fourth off loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Spread pesto on the inside of top and bottom of bread. Set top aside.
- 2. In bottom of bread, layer the turkey, cheese, zucchini, tomatoes and onion. Gently press the layers together. Replace bread top and wrap tightly in foil.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 661 calories, 33 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 2,065 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Pesto-Turkey Layered Loaf
"This is a now a family favorite! It is easy and the directions and times are right on target. Very good mix of flavors."
"This is a fabulous recipe! My husband loves it and asks for it often...especially during the summer. It travels well, is filling and so yummy! Enjoy! We sure do..."
"made one for dinner; then again for a picnic-both times they were devoured!"
"This is a great recipe for a light dinner or companion for soup! Love that you can change up the ingredients to make different versions of the recipe!"