- 2 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) tuna
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and broil 2 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise; spread over toasted bread. Top with tomato, tuna, pepper and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Tuna Melts in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p24
Reviews for Pesto Tuna Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 19, 2009
"I absolutely love this idea. I make open-faced tuna sandwiches for my family also but never thought of mixing pesto (a favorite of ours) with the mayo! I can't wait to try this."