- 2 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) tuna
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and broil 2 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise; spread over toasted bread. Top with tomato, tuna, pepper and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Tuna Melts in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p24
Reviews for Pesto Tuna Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 19, 2009
I absolutely love this idea. I make open-faced tuna sandwiches for my family also but never thought of mixing pesto (a favorite of ours) with the mayo! I can't wait to try this.