Pesto Tortellini Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 jar (3 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large glass bowl, layer romaine, carrots, chicken, tortellini and peas, and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto and buttermilk. Spread over top. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 337 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Pesto Tortellini Chicken Salad
"This is such a tasty and refreshing summer salad. I will definitely be making this again!"
"Made this for a picnic lunch...super easy and delicious. I used premade chicken (from the sandwich meat area) and I found low fat pesto sauce to make it a little lower in fat!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.