Pesto Tortellini Chicken Salad
If you love pesto, you'll love it even more mixed with fresh veggies and chicken in this good-for-you summer salad. —Edie DeSpain. Logan, Utah
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 jar (3 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during
- the last 4-5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large glass bowl, layer romaine, carrots, chicken, tortellini
- and peas, and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto and
- buttermilk. Spread over top. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate
- until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 337 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.