If you love pesto, you'll love it even more mixed with fresh veggies and chicken in this good-for-you summer salad. —Edie DeSpain. Logan, Utah
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 jar (3 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large glass bowl, layer romaine, carrots, chicken, tortellini and peas, and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto and buttermilk. Spread over top. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tortellini Chicken Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Tortellini Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review