- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 1 inch thick (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 refrigerated whole grain, whole wheat or regular pizza dough (about 1 pound)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup yellow and/or red cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 cup arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Combine pesto and lemon juice in small bowl. Evenly brush beef steak with 1 tablespoon pesto mixture.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (165°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 10 x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place dough on baking sheet and pat dough to edges of baking sheet. Spread dough with remaining 3 tablespoons pesto mixture. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake in 425°F oven, 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Carve steak into slices, season with salt, if desired. Top pizza evenly with arugula and steak slices; sprinkle with red pepper, as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Steak & Arugula Pizza in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for Pesto Steak & Arugula Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
fantastic grilled flavor