- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 1 inch thick (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 refrigerated whole grain, whole wheat or regular pizza dough (about 1 pound)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup yellow and/or red cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1 cup arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Combine pesto and lemon juice in small bowl. Evenly brush beef steak with 1 tablespoon pesto mixture.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (165°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 10 x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place dough on baking sheet and pat dough to edges of baking sheet. Spread dough with remaining 3 tablespoons pesto mixture. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake in 425°F oven, 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Carve steak into slices, season with salt, if desired. Top pizza evenly with arugula and steak slices; sprinkle with red pepper, as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Steak & Arugula Pizza in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for Pesto Steak & Arugula Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2015
"I had some left over beef and sauteed in the pesto and lemon juice. Made the rest of the recipe as stated above. We like this very much. I also used a boboli crust. Yum!!!!"
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
"fantastic grilled flavor"