Fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese and a variety of herbs pack plenty of flavor into this well-seasoned side dish. Jeanette Simec from Ottawa, Illinois shares the recipe for this quick and pleasing pasta toss.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For pesto, combine the oil, parsley and seasonings in a blender;
- cover and process until blended. Cook spaghetti according to package
- directions; drain.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add the walnuts, cheese and pesto; toss
- to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 328 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat.