Pesto Spaghetti Recipe
Fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese and a variety of herbs pack plenty of flavor into this well-seasoned side dish. Jeanette Simec from Ottawa, Illinois shares the recipe for this quick and pleasing pasta toss.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For pesto, combine the oil, parsley and seasonings in a blender; cover and process until blended. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add the walnuts, cheese and pesto; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parsley Pesto Spaghetti in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p16
Reviews for Pesto Spaghetti(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >