Pesto Shrimp Pasta Toss Recipe
In just 30 minutes, Fran Scott of Birmingham, Michigan whips up this elegant entree. Coated in pesto and topped with walnuts and Parmesan, the mix of pasta, shrimp and vegetables adds a dressy touch to any weeknight meal.
- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions, adding shrimp during the last minute. Meanwhile, in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, combine the asparagus, squash and carrots. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- 3. Drain linguine and shrimp; transfer to a serving bowl. Add the vegetable mixture and pesto; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC