In just 30 minutes, Fran Scott of Birmingham, Michigan whips up this elegant entree. Coated in pesto and topped with walnuts and Parmesan, the mix of pasta, shrimp and vegetables adds a dressy touch to any weeknight meal.
- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding shrimp during the last minute. Meanwhile, in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, combine the asparagus, squash and carrots. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Drain linguine and shrimp; transfer to a serving bowl. Add the vegetable mixture and pesto; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Shrimp Pasta Toss in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pesto Shrimp Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review