Pesto Sausage Pizza Makeover Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Build up edges slightly.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pesto until blended. Spread over dough. Layer with spaghetti sauce, sausage mixture, mushrooms, olives and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 slices.
1 slice: 297 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Pesto Sausage Pizza Makeover
"A family favorite..although we do change up the toppings but the basic premise is yummy , cream cheese and pesto"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.