- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Build up edges slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pesto until blended. Spread over dough. Layer with spaghetti sauce, sausage mixture, mushrooms, olives and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 slices.
Originally published as Pesto Sausage Pizza Makeover in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p56
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto Sausage Pizza Makeover
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2015
"A family favorite..although we do change up the toppings but the basic premise is yummy , cream cheese and pesto"