- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Build up edges slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and pesto until blended. Spread over dough. Layer with spaghetti sauce, sausage mixture, mushrooms, olives and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 slices.
Originally published as Pesto Sausage Pizza Makeover in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p56
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto Sausage Pizza Makeover
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review