Pesto Salmon Recipe
- 1 slice bread
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. For pesto, tear bread into pieces; place in a miniature food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Set aside 1 tablespoon. To the remaining bread crumbs, add the basil, parsley, oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until finely chopped.
- 2. Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread with pesto. Sprinkle with reserved bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and crumbs are lightly browned. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 406 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Pesto Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.