Pesto Rice-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2/3 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, pecans and garlic; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; add the rice, cheeses, oil and chili sauce.
- 2. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. Sprinkle chops with lemon-pepper.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter; cool for 5 minutes. Fill with rice mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 463 calories, 30 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.