Juicy stuffed chicken is perfect for basil fans, but I've just as easily used shredded cheese in place of the pesto for my pickier eaters. —Rachel Dion, Port Charlotte, FL
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, pesto, salt and rice. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill each with 3 tablespoons rice mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown chicken breasts on each side, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Rice-Stuffed Chicken in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto Rice-Stuffed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review