- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, pesto, salt and rice. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Fill each with 3 tablespoons rice mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. In batches, brown chicken breasts on each side, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto Rice-Stuffed Chicken
"Just so so. Quick and easy but NO flavor."
"This was easy to make, and quite tasty. The chicken was juicy, and we heated the leftover rice/pesto mix as a side. I used basil pesto, which added some great flavor. I'll be making this again!"