Pesto Red Pepper Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, for pesto, combine the basil, almonds and garlic in a blender or food processor; cover and process for 1 minute or until finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. Add the cheeses, salt and pepper; pulse until combined. Drain linguine; toss with pesto and roasted peppers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pesto Red Pepper Pasta
"I can't believe this recipe has not been rated yet. I have been making it for several years and everyone loves it, including my four-year old grandson. Excellent"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.