VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, for pesto, combine the basil, almonds and garlic in a blender or food processor; cover and process for 1 minute or until finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Add the cheeses, salt and pepper; pulse until combined. Drain linguine; toss with pesto and roasted peppers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Red Pepper Pasta in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p45
Reviews forPesto Red Pepper Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2010
"I can't believe this recipe has not been rated yet. I have been making it for several years and everyone loves it, including my four-year old grandson. Excellent"