Pesto Potatoes Recipe
This hearty potato dish keeps warm during our long Alaskan winters. Each summer, I make lots of homemade pesto and freeze it to enjoy throughout the year.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a food processor or blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add 1/4 cup oil in a steady stream.
- 2. In a large roasting pan, combine potatoes and tomatoes; drizzle with remaining oil. Top with basil mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 402 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Potatoes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC