Pesto Portobollo Pizzas
Super easy and delicious! Lunch, dinner or snack, we can’t think of a time when these pizzas wouldn’t come in handy. Serve quartered with toothpicks as appetizers. —Laurie Barmore, Waterford, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. Place mushrooms,
- stem side up, on a greased baking sheet.
- Spoon pesto over mushrooms. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are
- tender. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.