Pesto Portobollo Pizzas
Super easy and delicious! Lunch, dinner or snack, we can’t think of a time when these pizzas wouldn’t come in handy. Serve quartered with toothpicks as appetizers. —Laurie Barmore, Waterford, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Remove and discard stems and gills from
- mushrooms. Place mushrooms, stem side up, on a greased baking sheet.
- Spoon pesto over mushrooms. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle
- with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now