Pesto Portobollo Pizzas Recipe
Super easy and delicious! Lunch, dinner or snack, we can’t think of a time when these pizzas wouldn’t come in handy. Serve quartered with toothpicks as appetizers. —Laurie Barmore, Waterford, Wisconsin
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. Place mushrooms, stem side up, on a greased baking sheet.
- Spoon pesto over mushrooms. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Portobello Pizzas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pesto Portobollo Pizzas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >