Pesto Portobello Pizzas Recipe
Super easy and delicious! Lunch, dinner or snack, we can’t think of a time when these pizzas wouldn’t come in handy. Serve quartered with toothpicks as appetizers. —Laurie Barmore, Waterford, Wisconsin
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Remove and discard stems and gills from mushrooms. Place mushrooms, stem side up, on a greased baking sheet.
- 2. Spoon pesto over mushrooms. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pesto Portobello Pizzas
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2014
"Quick and easy, but a bit pricy with the portabellas."
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC