Pesto Pork Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles
- 1. For pesto, in a blender, combine 1/4 cup oil, basil, cheese and garlic. Cover and process until blended. Remove 2 tablespoons pesto to a small bowl; stir in remaining oil and set aside.
- 2. Cut each tomato into four slices; place in a greased shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle remaining pepper and salt over roast; place over tomato slices. Spread remaining pesto over roast.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 4. Remove roast and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. With a slotted spoon, add tomatoes to noodles; add reserved pesto and toss to coat. Serve with pork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 584 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein
Reviews for Pesto Pork Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.