Pesto Pita Appetizers Recipe
- 1 whole pita bread (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Split pita bread into two rounds. Spread with pesto and sprinkle with cheese. Cut each into six wedges.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
6 wedges equals 233 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.