Pesto Pepper Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper in butter until pepper is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream; cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Add the walnuts, basil and onion; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 771 calories, 61g fat (35g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Pesto Pepper Tortellini
"Very good and deliciius. Ignore the one star review, that person admitted they never even made it!"
"My husband and I greatly enjoy this dish!"
"This is fantastic!"
"Haven't tried this and wont. The calories, cholesterol, and the sodium levels are too high even for a basically healthy person."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.