Pesto Pepper Tortellini Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
- 1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper in butter until pepper is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream; cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Add the walnuts, basil and onion; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 771 calories, 61 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.