"This is a shortcut version of a rich, creamy pasta dish I enjoyed on a vacation trip," shares Mickie Taft of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's versatile, too--serve it as an awesome meatless entree or a special side dish.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion or chives
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper in butter until pepper is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream; cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the walnuts, basil and onion; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Pepper Tortellini in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p54
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pesto Pepper Tortellini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review