Pesto-Pepper Cheese Spread
I get tons of recipe requests whenever I bring this zippy spread to a party. Use convenient store-bought pesto or your favorite homemade version.—Lara Pennell, Mauldin, South Carolina
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- Assorted crackers or sliced French bread baguette
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, goat cheese, oil, thyme
- and garlic.
- Line a 1-qt. bowl with plastic wrap. Place a third of the cheese
- mixture in bowl; top with pesto, half of the remaining cheese
- mixture, the peppers and remaining cheese mixture. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Invert cheese mixture onto a serving plate; discard plastic wrap.
- Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.