Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place the basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on low for 1 minute or until very finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drain pasta; top with pesto and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 264 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Pasta
"Quick and easy dish to make. Taste was very fresh using the basil and parsley I have growing on my lanai. My husband enjoyed three helpings and said it is a keeper."