"My husband loves this fresh-tasting side dish that's as good as it is easy," assures Karen Behrend of Newport, Washington. The appetizing aroma of basil is sure to whet guests' appetites.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place the basil, parsley,
- Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on low
- for 1 minute or until very finely chopped. While processing,
- gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drain pasta; top with pesto
- and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 264 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.