Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place the basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on low for 1 minute or until very finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drain pasta; top with pesto and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 264 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Pasta
"Quick and easy dish to make. Taste was very fresh using the basil and parsley I have growing on my lanai. My husband enjoyed three helpings and said it is a keeper."