Pesto Pasta Recipe
"My husband loves this fresh-tasting side dish that's as good as it is easy," assures Karen Behrend of Newport, Washington. The appetizing aroma of basil is sure to whet guests' appetites.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place the basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on low for 1 minute or until very finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drain pasta; top with pesto and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 264 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Pasta
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC