- 1 cup whole almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients; set aside. For
- dressing, process garlic in a blender or food processor until finely
- chopped. Add basil, cheese, slivered almonds, salt, tarragon, pepper
- and sugar. Process 15-30 seconds or until coarsely chopped. With the
- motor running, gradually add oil until mixture is smooth. Add
- vinegar and process until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Just before serving, add whole almonds. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 315 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.