- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 12 ounces uncooked whole grain spiral pasta
- 3 cups cut fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) prepared pesto
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 9-11 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain, reserving 3/4 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta and green beans to potatoes. Stir in pesto, cheese and enough reserved pasta water to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pesto Pasta & Potatoes
Sort By :
"This was good. I used frozen green beans but I would have preferred fresh if I had them on hand."
"I used the same water for all and didn't notice. Added strips of leftover bbq chicken for a great main dish. Quick, inexpensive, easy, different and healthy. Have to give it a 5!"
"I made this with the fresh green beans, cut into smaller pieces than the photo shows, and using just one pound of potatoes. I cut them into quarters. Not usually fond of pesto, I found that it works very well in this recipe. Next time I make this recipe I will add small bits of ham, which will make it a meal, and not a side. As a volunteer Taste of Home field editor, I rate this four stars."