"My husband loves this fresh-tasting side dish that's as good as it is easy," assures Karen Behrend of Newport, Washington. The appetizing aroma of basil is sure to whet guests' appetites.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, place the basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic and nutmeg. Cover and process on low for 1 minute or until very finely chopped. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drain pasta; top with pesto and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Pasta in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p57
Reviews for Pesto Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2016
"Quick and easy dish to make. Taste was very fresh using the basil and parsley I have growing on my lanai. My husband enjoyed three helpings and said it is a keeper."