Pesto Parmesan Bread Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the Parmesan and pesto.
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a ball. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; brush with oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 143 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Pesto Parmesan Bread
"I make this for almost every family gathering, everyone loves it!"
"This bread is so flavorful and easy to make! It is one recipe I return to again and again."