- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the Parmesan and pesto.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a ball. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; brush with oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Pesto Parmesan Bread in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p49
Reviews for Pesto Parmesan Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2013
"I make this for almost every family gathering, everyone loves it!"
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2010
"This bread is so flavorful and easy to make! It is one recipe I return to again and again."