- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Flatten chicken slightly. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spoon pesto over chicken; top with mushrooms and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto-Olive Chicken
Sort By :
"I also used the fresh mushrooms, sauteed them a little bit before adding to the dish. It was very tasty!"
"This was not the least bit good. Would'nt even consider trying it again."
"This was wonderful! I used fresh mushrooms (sauteed for a little while before putting with the chicken), and used mozzarella instead of provolone because that's what I had on hand. It was just absolutely terrific! Great company meal, too. Thanks for sharing - it's a wonderful recipe."
"i've had this recipe for awhile, always meaning to make it. i'm sorry i waited so long! it was GREAT! everyone loved it even the kids. the only thing i did differently was that i used sliced provolone cheese and used fresh mushrooms. AWESOME! i will make this often!!!"
"I made this dish using 6 chicken breasts, 2 jars of mushrooms, only half a can of chopped olives, and sliced provolone. Next time I will use fresh mushrooms because we like them better. The sliced provolone worked great because I could just top each breast with one slice. This was extremely flavorful and only needed minor tweaks per our taste preference! I used the same amount of pesto the recipe called for."