Give weeknight dining a lift with this hearty, dressed-up chicken entree. You'll find many of the ingredients right in your pantry. —Cristy King, Scott Depot, West Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Flatten chicken slightly. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Spoon pesto over chicken; top with mushrooms and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 170°. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 1-2 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 490 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 1,117 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.