Pesto Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, broth and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Set aside 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold the basil, walnuts, garlic and remaining cheese into batter. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 153 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Pesto Muffins
"This is a quick and tasty muffin. I usually serve them with a salad when I cooked any pasta dishes. My kids and husband loves them."