Pesto-Mozzarella Turkey Burgers
Here's a great way to eat lighter without giving up flavor. These turkey burgers are stuffed with a tasty pesto sauce that spices up our barbecues.
—Jacqueline Marie Morris
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 8 slices marble rye bread or 4 Italian rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the steak sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight thin oval
- Combine cheese and pesto. Spoon about 1/4 cup in center of four
- patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and
- juices run clear. Serve on bread with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or