Natalie Cataldo relies on store-bought pesto to provide mild flavor to this chunky tortellini and vegetable soup. "It's a hit in my house," says the Des Moines, Iowa cook. "If you don't like zucchini, use another vegetable," she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic;
- cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, mixed vegetables, broth,
- oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the tortellini, zucchini and pesto. Simmer, uncovered, 7-9
- minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,063 mg sodium,