Pesto Minestrone Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the water, mixed vegetables, broth, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the tortellini, zucchini and pesto. Simmer, uncovered, 7-9 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 337 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1063mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Minestrone
"I loved it and thought it was absolutely delicious! I made it with the zucchini and enjoyed that, but I'd like to try a different vegetable next time. Any suggestions?"