Purchase pre-shaped patties in the meat section of your local grocery store.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Shape beef into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. Season with salt and
- pepper. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5
- minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto and
- pepper strips. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Vlasic roasted red pepper strips.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 716 calories, 45 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 779 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 51 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or