Pesto Hamburgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. Shape beef into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Top each burger with a slice of cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto and pepper strips. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 716 calories, 45g fat (17g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 51g protein
Reviews for Pesto Hamburgers
"Love these burgers! Have made them several times. Very quick, easy and yummy!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.