- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Shape beef into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto and pepper strips. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Hamburgers in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p27
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2013
Love these burgers! Have made them several times. Very quick, easy and yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >