Purchase pre-shaped patties in the meat section of your local grocery store.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Shape beef into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto and pepper strips. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Hamburgers in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p27
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pesto Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2013
"Love these burgers! Have made them several times. Very quick, easy and yummy!"