April Showalter of Milwaukee, WI writes about her Pesto Halibut, “The mildness of the fish contrasts perfectly with the deep flavor of pesto.” It literally takes 5 minutes to get the fish fillets ready for the oven, so you can start on your choice of side dishes; nearly anything goes well with this fish.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine oil, sauce mix and
- lemon juice; brush over both sides of fillets. Place in a greased
- 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.