Pesto Grilled Salmon
Buttery, colorful and flaky, this rich and impressive salmon will be a family favorite in moments. Five smart ingredients, and you’ll have just the leftovers you need for tomorrow night’s pasta dish. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill
- rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the pesto, onions, lemon juice and garlic.
- Carefully spoon some of the pesto mixture over salmon. Grill 15-20
- minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting
- occasionally with remaining pesto mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked salmon equals 262 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.