Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 slices walnut-raisin bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 8 slices provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1. Spread four slices of bread with pesto. Layer with cheese and tomato; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 435 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 739 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
"I made with cinnamon raisin bread and it was fantastic!"
"I made this with whole wheat bread. I also added sliced turkey and ham and then used my panini maker. It was very good."