Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 slices walnut-raisin bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 8 slices provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1. Spread four slices of bread with pesto. Layer with cheese and tomato; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 435 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
"I made with cinnamon raisin bread and it was fantastic!"
"I made this with whole wheat bread. I also added sliced turkey and ham and then used my panini maker. It was very good."