- 8 slices walnut-raisin bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 8 slices provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Spread four slices of bread with pesto. Layer with cheese and tomato; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
"Perfectly simple! I used whole wheat bread. The freshness of the tomato offsets the richness of the pesto and cheese. This is the perfect taste of Italy and would be delicious paired with soup during the colder months."
"I made with cinnamon raisin bread and it was fantastic!"
"I made this with whole wheat bread. I also added sliced turkey and ham and then used my panini maker. It was very good."