Why settle for ordinary grilled cheese when this is so easy to fix? Pair the sandwiches with your favorite soup for a fast, satisfying meal. —Arlene Reagan, Limerick, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 slices walnut-raisin bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 8 slices provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 8 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Spread four slices of bread with pesto. Layer with cheese and tomato; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p52
Reviews forPesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2012
"I made with cinnamon raisin bread and it was fantastic!"
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2012
"I made this with whole wheat bread. I also added sliced turkey and ham and then used my panini maker. It was very good."